View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
Thank you en bloc.
I am now open to lip biopsy. But, my concern is what if I dont have yet the number of infiltrates enough to be graded with Sjorgren's. I know this is putting the cart before the horse, as echoes put it, but with the potential discomfort of lip biopsy, would it just be an exercise of futility? If this happens, I am not sure if the doctor will treat me. Anyway, one step at a time.
If you have 'active' Sjogren's the correct amount of infiltrates will show. It's not like you have to build up the disease process. The degree of damage will change over time, but the active disease process is either there or it's not. BTW, I am also a believer that even some infiltrates (in the presence of inflammatory damage) indicates an abnormal process...maybe just 'inactive'. If no infiltrates are present it's pretty clear that it's not Sjogren's. With the problems you're having IF it's Sjogren's, your biopsy should reflect this.

Just remember if you plan to do this, get it done before you start steroids...as I am a believer that they may alter the results and degree of inflammation.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote