Thread: Mothers
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart Mothers

I didn't get very lucky when it came to mothers. I didn't get to have that close mother/daughter relationship many of my friends had with theirs. Not blaming my mom, just stating facts.

I did, however, get lucky when it came to mothers-in-law. My ex-MIL and I hit it off the day we met, and we've remained close throughout all these years. She always sided with me when I fought with my ex, lol. My ex lives in California, so she rarely sees him. She's "retired" now (handed over her church to her daughter) and her other kids are busy with their lives. She's all mine now.

With my current mother-in-law, we get along so well it's almost scary. When my sister met her, she laughed and said "looks like you got the mom you always wanted." When my MIL spent an extended period of time with us, we were practically inseparable. Our likes/dislikes are almost identical, and we can practically finish each other's sentences. I was a little worried it might creep out my husband.

She lives in the northeast mountain region of Arizona. Our nephew's little boy in Phoenix calls them "Grandpa and Grandma in the trees." My SIL says they're the toughest ones on the mountain - oldest ones still healthy and working.

They bought an outdoor hot tub recently, so we sent them robes for their upcoming birthdays - decided on monikers instead of monograms.

Mom was a little puzzled when she opened the package and pulled out a robe that said "Jane." They both started laughing when Dad pulled out the other one that said "Tarzan."

They liked their gifts.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote