View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PAN - What We Do - Speech to the CIRM

Hi All,

I recently got an invitation to address the Board of Governors of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), the CA state stem cell agency created by Prop. 71, to give a patient's perspective on Parkinson's disease. AJ and I get invitations like this every once in a while, and we try to accept them because they are often an excellent way to raise awareness about PD and the importance of having patients in the decision-making mix. Although I delivered the speech, AJ and I co-wrote it, as per usual.

It wasn't until I got news that the video of the talk got picked up by websites in countries as far-flung as Russia, Malaysia, Japan, as well Pakistan and Iran, that I began to understand the long reach of the CIRM in the scientific and patient communities. Luckily, it was a short talk, to the point, and my meds were working. So I thought I would post it in our own backyard here at Neurotalk as well. The themes will be familiar to many, unfamiliar to others, but I hope it provides some new info to most. If nothing else, those who know me will see how grey my hair has become.

Enjoy,

Greg

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5xfo3sovA&feature=plcp

Last edited by GregW1; 07-18-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typos
GregW1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
@chilles (07-22-2012), jeanb (07-19-2012), Perryc (07-24-2012), RLSmi (07-19-2012), soccertese (07-18-2012), Thelma (07-18-2012)