Thread: Recovery Time
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was in worse shape one year after my injury than I was one week after my injury. Since late February, which was 13 months after my injury, I have been improving pretty steadily, but slowly.

The photophobia I had in Jan, Feb, and into March was so bad that I could rarely go outside during the day and could only tolerate looking at a computer for less than half an hour a day--and that was with two pairs of sunglasses, screen-dimming software, increased font size, etc. My photophobia is now very much improved, though not gone. Overall, I am in much better shape now (18 months) than I was in January (12 months).

That said, I think it is very good advice to do your best to accept and work with the limitations you are now facing. Nobody can tell you for sure that you will get better, but I also believe that nobody is in a position to tell you for sure that you will not get better (at least, better than you are now). See if you can accept that uncertainty and start working on adapting to a new lifestyle. Maybe you will see little improvements here and there; maybe you won't. But I don't see any reason to lose hope altogether.
kayley (07-18-2012)