View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
If you have 'active' Sjogren's the correct amount of infiltrates will show. It's not like you have to build up the disease process. The degree of damage will change over time, but the active disease process is either there or it's not. BTW, I am also a believer that even some infiltrates (in the presence of inflammatory damage) indicates an abnormal process...maybe just 'inactive'. If no infiltrates are present it's pretty clear that it's not Sjogren's. With the problems you're having IF it's Sjogren's, your biopsy should reflect this.

Just remember if you plan to do this, get it done before you start steroids...as I am a believer that they may alter the results and degree of inflammation.
I will remember your reminder about getting the lip bipsy before taking the steroids. I'm sorry but I don't understand well the active and inactive sjorgrens. You mean of inactive as showing only some abnormalities but does not show enough infiltrates to make the proper grading?

Btw, I talked with the pulmonologist today about sarcoidosis. He said that it can or it cannot show in the biopsy depending on the severity.

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote