View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Migraine prophylactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Atenolol is another β-blocker you might ask your doctor about. I was on it for several years and experienced no side effects whatsoever.

Doc
My MD is putting me on Keppra (levetiracetam). The Keppra is supposed to be similar to lyrica and lamictal. Lyrica was helping with my migraines. It was immediate noticeable difference. But it made me too tired to function at work. Lamictal caused daily headaches and horrible fatigue while I was on it. If Keppra doesn't work, we may try atenolol or elavil next.

I just need some relief. I've been so sick the past couple weeks I can't take it anymore. The extreme heat this summer has devasted me in terms of the migraines. I'm scared I won't make it through to many more trials and may not be able to continue working. I am extremely worn down from all the ongoing health issues of the past couple years. I have no family near by, no real support system. Yes I have friends but no one is in a position to really help when I need it. They are so wrapped up in their own lives and trying to hang on to their own jobs that they do not offer or cannot offer help when it's needed. I'm really on my own. I broke down and started crying in the doctor's office a few days ago. He asked, "don't you have family that can help out?" I know I'm not the only person in a predicament like this. I don't know what other people do to get by when their health gets this bad and there is no support. There just anywhere for people like me to turn to.

I go to my new pain management doctor tomorrow. We will be discussing the option of radiofrequency ablasion for my neck pain.
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote