View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default questions for lipoic acid users/experts

Hi. I am interested in starting lipoic acid in an effort to get some sort of relief for my small fiber neuropathy. I have read a lot of good things about it here and other places. My only hesitation relates to some things I have seen on the internet about lipoic acid potentially not being safe for people with amalgam fillings based on the theory that it could transport mercury from those fillings to the brain maybe? Now there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of info out there to support this, but because I do have a few of these fillings, what I saw was just enough to give me pause.

Bottom line, does anyone on here have any knowledge about how much stock to put into this? Are there any on here who use lipoic acid and who have these amalgam fillings (I would think there would be many as most of us over 30 or so would have some of these fillings). Anyone had, or know anyone has had problems with this?

I don't really want to not give lipoic acid a shot over this issue with it seeming to not have much documented support in the medical community as far as I can tell, but I just wanted to get some info./thoughts about this subject from some on here before I decide, as this board has been a good source of information for me!

Thanks!
davidl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote