View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

for sleep, i use 3mg melatonin once in awhile or a "natures way" product "silent night" with valerian, hops and skullcap. both work but i get vivid dreams with the latter. sleep is rarely a problem.

on pd, my philosophy is do whatever you have to to be healthy enough to qualify for a clinical trial of a potential cure/better treatment no matter when or where.
the worst thing about pd is you can just keep doing less and less because you don't want to risk over medicating and then you exercise less, exercise might prove to be a major factor in slowing progression.

don't get carried away with all the alt-med treatments found on the web.

if your neuro won't discuss options or doesn't seem up on new treatments, drugs, etc., find a new one. if something doesn't work after a few weeks, ask for some other options. i spent a year in a daze trying to get used to mirapex and finally switched to sinemet. everyone's pd is different.

join a support group. sign up for clinical trial alerts at MJFF, i became good friends with a neuro while participating in a trial, didn't hurt.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote