View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
If you can go to places online then it is connected.
The ones without locks are the ones you can use, unless you get passwords for the others.

Could you tap on the unlocked ones - it might tell you if you are connected or it will ask/say connect to?

If you open the chrome browser I think it should look just like on your computer.. open chrome and type something in to see if goes there or brings up anything..

And the video I saw on you tube showed an icon for settings, that might be the place to explore.
Didn't see any chrome browser. Did see any browser but then I don't know what I'm doing.

What I DID do was click on the wi fi settings, tapped where it was unlocked. It said I was connected. But I want to know WHY, when I type in youtube.com, or facebook, it doesn't take me there. It takes me to places that MENTION these words, not the actual website (Or at least it doesn't look like the website).

I find this very confusing.

Oh, under the wi fi thing it now says

Connected to linksys (I had chosen that because it was unlocked).

And on the left it idicated linksys and has the word connected under it.

So exactly how do I leave this particular screen to find a way to access the internet. This says CONNECTED, but I don't know how to go anwhere on the internet.

I wish I had someone standing next to me showing me step by step.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote