View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Symptoms coming back in episodes 6 months after injury

Hi folks. My name is same and i was just hoping you guys could give me some perspective or potentially advice on what to expect, what to avoid and what to do in order to facilitate my recovery. I suffered a concussion in january 2012 when drinking with some friends and was roughhousing when i hit my head on some carpeted concrete. Its hard to tell if i had nausea or most of the symptoms of a concussion after the blow because any of those symptoms can be contributed to drinking too much-- which i was.
anyway, after 2 or 3 days i noticed my "hangover" wasn't going away. i found it difficult to read or understand complex arguments or memorize information and such. i went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a concussion, but the cat scan came back ok and i was released with a diagnosis of rest. i recovered, but throughout the school year, i would come in and out of symptoms. sometimes i would be my usual self, while others i would be confused and have difficulty doing all my schoolwork which involves a lot of complex critical thinking and ideological analysis... which you can imagine is hard with a concussion.
fast forward to 6 months later, i have been home for the summer for a month and i feel like i am doing slightly better... i have been taking fish oil and magnesium supplements. i have episodes where my symptoms come back, but when i do i feel like i can usually isolate why (i was drinking, i didn't sleep enough the night before, exc) and they seem to be less severe than they were before. i can still read and understand complex arguments with enough effort.(where before the concussion i could understand something at first reading, sometimes i need to read something 2-3 times to understand it.) i was just wondering if anyone had some advice or information for me as to how much longer i might be dealing with this, and what i can do to ensure i am doing my best to facilitate recovery. thank you.
Sammyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote