View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sammyboi,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I hope you know the first thing you need to do to facilitate further recovery and prevention of any relapses. STOP DRINKING. The research suggests the limit should be a single serving per day with no alcohol the best. Good sleep is important. A lower stress lifestyle is also important.

There is absolutely no way anybody can prognose how long it will take for further recovery if further recovery is even possible.

If you have times when you feel fully recovered but then times when you regress, it sounds like your recovery may be as complete as it is going to get.

The concussed brain never heals completely. You may be able to maintain it so that you are at high levels of function but you will need to make lifestyle changes to maintain such levels.

So, use you experience to determine what behaviors or activities cause a return of symptoms. Just know that alcohol will leave you feeling hung over.

You need to understand that symptoms often will have a short delay after the triggering activity. A triggering activity on Monday may not cause a return of symptoms until Tuesday.

Live and learn from your own experience or ask people here and you can learn from their experience.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote