View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so very much! You have no idea how knowing that what I am going through has been standard fare for many of you has helped. It feels like the medical community just won't listen.

I am on day 7 of complete withdrawal which was status post 3 weeks of slow withdrawl before that. After my rural ER doctors decided to try to put me in the looney bin, I refused all medicinal help whatsoever. I don't think it had to be that way, but I had to protect myself. After the first trip to the ER, they gave me anti nausea meds and I do believe it was quite helpful. I needed a lot of them though. I think that a sedative and IV fluids might have helped me a lot in that first week as well, but I will never know.

One of the symptoms that has not been widely reported was the "convulsion-like" cramping of muscle groups. It was like I was having labor contractions and the nausea would make me gag and have dry heaves.

As of today, it seems that the worst of that part has passed. I still am quite nauseous at times and my head pounds like a drum. I have drunk only water and the only foods I will eat are the BRAT diet foods. I still become quite nauseous if I eat more than a few bites or if I eat anything else.

Like QuitLyricaLive, I am trusting in my faith and doing all that I can to help my body recover like pushing fluids, walking when I'm not too nauseous or have too great a headache to be upright for any period. I have noticed a fairly intense photosensitivity that has not yet subsided so it makes any long periods of sunshine quite difficult.

I have not regained my confidence and am still suffering intermittent bouts with anxiety. Thank God there have been no more panic attacks though. I have found that positive self talk that reminds me to stop thinking when the anxiety surfaces has been very helpful. That feeling of being overwhelmed passes within a 30-60 minute period and then I'm ok to try to think through things again rationally. I've never really suffered from anxiety until being on and then withdrawing from the Lyrica so I'm not totally sure how to recover that part but am trusting that I will get past it and I will have a normal life again.

Thank you so much to everyone who had the guts to admit what was happening to them. My rural medical community almost had me convinced I was loosing it but my faith and my friends have been the Godsend I needed to help me stay strong.

Thank you to this community as well! I may actually have lost it if I thought I was the only one suffering this way because my doctors were telling me that it wasn't possible that it was the Lyrica... Which we all now know that it is...

God Bless!
HappyGoLucky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (05-26-2014)