View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If you can't take Cymbalta, because of the urinary problems, good old-fashioned prozac, Celexa, or Lexapro could also help. Additionally, it would be a good idea to repeat your B12 level and thyroid functions, including free T3, because any disturbance in these contribute to the demoralized mood which makes everything harder.

I found, this winter, that I had less and less motivation to do anything for myself, nothing seemed to matter, and dealing with the pain was feeling like a process that was just going on and on endlessly. But then I was found to be hypothyroid, and my thyroid meds were adjusted, and suddenly, things seemed "possible". We are holistic creatures, and every part of us works together.

Also, about the pain med: I know a lot of doctors order Vicodan or Percocet or similar, but my doctor has prescribed oxycodone, which I'm pleased about, because I'm not getting dosed daily with either the tylenol or aspirin in the brand name concoctions. Why have the potential toxicity of tylenol or aspirin when they never helped me anyway? So I convinced the neuro and he gave me oxycodone.

PS. I am finding that ping-pong is lifting my spirits, also.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote