View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello windseeker,

I have not taken cymbalta but was given a sample pack to take by my doc for the chronic head pain. After reading about it online I decided it was not worth all the side effects. There are many sites that discuss the severity of the effects when you try to get off it.

I had never taken an antidepressant before except nortriptyline. I couldn't even handle three days of it on the low dose for headaches.

But, I know that a lot of people here can handle the nortriptyline and it benefits them greatly.

I agree with Mark. That is such a strong med. I would see the phsyciatrist first and see if there are any non-medicinal interventions that you can have for the depression and PTSD.Then maybe start off on another medication first.

Just wanted to note, I have been reading your posts and if I'm correct you are around 7 months post concussion or so?

I was very depressed around that time in my recovery. It is a long time to suffer and feels very hopeless. But it got so much better for me. I have been on the boards a while and there are many people who post at that stage with a similar situation.

I would just like to add that I have had maybe four total panic attacks in 2.5 years. I have not had one for so long, maybe even a year. They seemed to get better and I did not take any meds.

I hope that you find help but maybe take it slowly and see your options first. I also agree with Mark about the doctor prioritizing your treatment in the anxiety/depression category instead of pcs. Even though of course they are interchangeable at times.
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote