View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Shelly,

Quote:
Can you change doctors? Can you see your primary care physician and get some pain medicine?
I've been trying for meds but he's opposed to it. He said it'll just upset my stomach. I'm gonna ask his partner who I also see

Quote:
Can you call the neurologist's office?
I don't know how to reach them but I was thinking of calling the brain injury clinic coz they set up the appointment

Quote:
Most neurologists here want to prescribe medicine, because that's all that they can do to help with PCS. They don't have a "cure".
I believe mine doesn't even recognize my PCS. He says it's healing....don't know how he could know that!

Quote:
I would have expected at the very least that he would have given you something for pain as well as something to try to prevent the headaches.
He was mostly entertaining the young female interns. asking them questions...telling jokes and a lot of giggling....I was angry.

Quote:
I also have something for the nausea of the migraine. When I get a really bad migraine, I get nauseous, and if I take Reglan, it helps the nausea and also helps to get rid of the migraine. However, Reglan can have lots of side effects, so I only take it if I am desperate.
I take Clonazapam for anxiety and it helps with the daily nausea from vertigo. but I don't like taking it everyday. I've had it for 2 weeks and only taken it 3 times I think.

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. What has helped me when I am having a bad migraine is taking an ice pack and wrapping it lightly in a thin towel and putting it on the back of my head. If you try it, you can leave the ice pack on for twenty minutes, then take it off. If you still need it, you can wait for 15 or 20 minutes and try again.
Thanks I'll try it.

My massage therapist suggests stuffing a sock with rice and nuke it in the microwave and it'll help with neck strain coz it can be molded to the neck.

Thanks for the advice