View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Since you are positive for some autoimmune thing, I think using fish oil, daily (or Krill), would help with inflammation.

EPA and DHA in the fish oils have shown benefit for fixing myelin damage and also helping the dorsal roots along the spine.

B12 also is a cofactor in this. So glenntaj's suggestion is a good one. Make sure you use the methylcolbalamin in case you are a non methylator. The other forms are synthetic and need activation. Methylcobalamin is also used in autism to chelate mercury for children.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7292517

If you suspect a mitochondrial damage factor, which results from chemo treatments and some toxins, drugs, etc, the acetyl carnitine would be a definite thing to consider. It is not really harmful, but pricey, so you could take it with the lipoic if you choose.

I'd suggest getting the B12 tested first. And also I'd start the lipoic first for a couple of weeks before adding in the carnitine.
It is often best to do them one at a time to see what happens.
That way you'll have an idea which is working and which is not.

Repair is a slow process...it is not like taking drugs for symptom relief. So one has to be patient.

Good brands are NOW, Country Life, Jarrow, Puritan's, and Doctor's Best. They are all affordable. There are more expensive brands like LEF which some people prefer. I am using Doctor's Best now for 3 things, and Puritan's also for my B12, lysine, taurine, Vit D3 etc.

If you do B12 methylcobalamin orally, make sure you take it on an empty stomach. It can get lost in food and not be absorbed.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (07-22-2012)