View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face thoughts

Hi Mari

yes i understood it makes you fall asleep for a short time. my observation was that you were "crashing out" inadvertently and it was probably not quality sleep. might as well make it quality sleep, if possible... and in a different situation you might sleep longer, was my thought (perhaps wrong).

ok, anyway, just now when i saw your other post listing your recent titration what jumped to mind is that you are going too fast.

i would step the dose up by a week at a time. i'm not kidding. it's not usually necessary for gabapentin, but then, people aren't usually as sensitive to the drug as you are. imho, that needs to be taken into consideration wrt titration as well.

i understand you "need" results .... and i've seen you do what i felt was "jumping the gun" on other meds (my opinion of course, forgive me if i am out of place saying so) but if as you say the primary side effect of stepping up is sleep deprivation, then all the more reason to go slowly.

sleep deprivation will only work against you -- it will produce more anxiety, tend to increase all types of pain sx you might have, decrease concentration etc etc i'm sure you are all too aware... or then again perhaps not. i wonder if you get sleep deprived so often and have been for so long that you've begun to see some of the sx as primary issues rather than ascribing them to the sleep deprivation.

anyway. my point is i would slow the titration to a 30ish mg per week.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-20-2012), Dmom3005 (07-20-2012), Mari (07-20-2012), mymorgy (07-22-2012)