View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Oh, another nightshade victim! I don't feel so alone now!

It is amazing how being intolerant to this food family can cause such discomfort and grief! The potatoes are the worst for me.
But peppers of any kind now upset my GI tract terribly. And concentrated tomato products are out too. I can have a small bit of fresh tomato with little problem however.

The potatoes have the most solanine of them all.. so that might be the culprit. Processed potatoes also may be composed of some green ones, since no one can see them. Those have the highest concentration of solanine!
When I was eating potatoes still, the burning would go up my lower legs to the knees sometimes! It was so alarming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joano View Post
The thing that helped me the most with the burning problem is giving up the night shade vegetables--potatoes, tomatoes, and peppers. It makes eating a pretty dull and unexciting adventure now, but does help keep the burning down. Being on my feet too long also is a contributor to the burning, so go slow and take it easy--as much as you can. Joan

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote