View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post

It really makes me feel so good that I was able to help give you an alternative that has helped you live a better life.
You've been really helpful. I appreciate it. I have tried to keep my doctor informed as to the medicine dosages by email. She responded once to say that she's out of the office, but asked that her secretary set something up, so I assume she's seeing the messages and would write back if she really had a problem with what I've done. When she's in town, she's really good about responding to emails, but it seems she's been in conferences all month and then will be on vacation sometime next month.

I don't really mind, except that everything seems to happen when she's out of town. I actually have the thymectomy setup for August 1st--which kind of annoys me now because right after I get the ability back to walk, I'm going to be laid up for six weeks. At least I won't be in so much pain from the SPS while I'm stuck in the hospital bed. Last time I was in the hospital, I complained until they finally gave me an IV of morphine to deal with the pain. Hopefully this time most of the pain will be from the surgery and I'll be on Morphine for that anyway.

I go in next week for PLEX, since last time I had surgery there were breathing issues, and then the plan is to do it between two ribs. The neurologist said she's interested to see if the surgery helps both conditions or just the MG.

As far as what you were saying about loud noises, I've always had a little social anxiety and hate going places with crowds and noises. I don't know if its just my personality or if the SPS has played a part in that. The Valium is actually helping with that some, too. I'm not sure if its because its helping the SPS or because its Valium, though.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote