View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sorry to hear...

Jasonleon92,
I am so sorry you are in such a rough spot. All I can share with you is my experience with my TBI. I was roller blading, my wheels go locked up in a twig and down I went. I knocked myself out. I came to, went home and threw up a couple times. I didn't think anything of it or that I needed medical attention. I carried on for two days and realized I was not the same. All of out symptoms are different. I went to a neuro doc and he told me I had TBI. I realized I was really confused, not focused, running stop signs and stop lights. I didn't want to be around anyone because I now stutter and I can't remember anything like people I know. I was and still am pretty much a hermit. It is very sad to realize that the rug can get pulled out from under you and you life can change beyond your wildest dreams. My doctors have told me that the more concussions one has suffered, the lower the chance of coming back all the way. I don't know how many you have had and I sure hope this is your only one. This was my fifth. I have to end my career, possibly sell my house, and who knows what else. When I get really bummed out about stuff, I make a list of things that I do have. I am not sure what life holds for me but there must be a reason for being here. I also try to practice acceptance. Not sure if you are spiritual or religious or believe in anything but acceptance has really helped me. God will not give you more than you can handle.

My doc put me on medicine that changed my taste. I asked to try a different one that didn't effect me the same way, that was one of the things I am grateful for. I am also grateful I can walk and run paddle board etc....those things really help me.

I don't know what to tell you about your love except that I am sorry and you never know what God has in store for you. You gotta have hope and believe that things turn out just the way they are supposed to and accept it. You never know what is around the next corner.

Your post touched me because you are so young and I am sorry you are having a rough time. It is good that you posted, since you did and if you read other pistes you will read about people that have a lot in common with you. I sure hope you feel better soon and you are certainly not alone.
TBI/PTSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote