View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
It took two seperate fusions, first at C6-7 and 6 years later C3-7, redoing hardware, spacers the works anterior. I am BETTER!@!!!!!!!! This did help. Second surgery was very hard to endure. NT got me through it with the folks here to support me. That is why I never left. Get meds Cboncal for the rest of the month. If they are narcotic, you must, or you may feel some of the effects of withdrawl. You don't want to go through that. If you can't get more, taper down that last week, to minimize effects. This really should be done with a doctors guidance. Get more for the end of the month if you can. I have cried in the office, and told her at one point I did need more. It is OK to let the doc. see your emotions if you are hurting. I will be here, I so know it is not fun. your friend, ginnie
Ginnie, I am so much better too. My first surgery was posterior and anterior. I woke up in a reclining forward ergonomic chair. This last surgery was anterior only..

My meds were prescribed as "as needed" I scared myself when I first got home. They were really heavy meds. I couldn't get online because sleep was my healer. Then I just didn't take as many as they prescribed. I practiced relaxation things. Stress makes your muscles and whole body ache.

Then I used ice and very few meds. I did slow controlled breathing. I let DH know that if something upset me, I had to go to our room and relax and stay out of tense things. I took them when I was in lots of pain but not at whole dose. I did taper them off.

I just now went to PT. The same PT I have gone to in prior surgeries. He knows of my different tender spots. And He manipulates them. (he's the one who taught me to "breath" correctly.) Controlling your breathing to regulated slow breathing is hard. Because we tense up with pain or arguments or stress.

I didn't mean to say don't take your meds, but for me, when it said 1-2 every 4 hours as needed, I started with one, then half later. Then Aleve. And I am ok.
MalindaK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-21-2012)