View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I recall an amazing death story with a cat. The babysitter I had growing up, was from the Ukraine. I went to her house after school each weekday. When we moved, I was 12 and didn't visit there much anymore. Her daughter who lived with her had cervical cancer, (in the days before pap tests). They had a fluffy cat for many years. It had to be almost 15-20 yrs old.
The daughter was very ill at the end, and died at home.
(fast moving cancer). She was in her 40's. The cat sat on her
every day near the end. And when she died in bed, the cat howled and howled still sitting on her. It knew. Like the nursing home cats we see on CNN and in magazines now and then.

One thing our late Tippy did for me, was when I first took my first Tramadol...I didn't expect to hallucinate and be weird and nauseous. Tippy sensed this and slept on me all night long. (she never does this normally). So if I rolled over, she moved and hopped back on. She kept this vigil on me all night...so she knew I was in "trouble". I'll never forget that night. It might be like the dogs that sense low blood sugar in diabetics, or warn patients of seizures. I don't know how they do it, if it is an odor or heart rate change or what?

Weezie barfed twice last night and this morning and she never barfs. So I think she is upset. I suppose the trip and the excitement of the vacation location with new scents and perhaps a new kitten to play with will distract her.

I feel a bit relieved that this is over...I was watching Oreo so intently and wondering if "today"would be the day of worsening...for a WHOLE YEAR, that now I am released from that worrisome task.

Here is a funny picture of our son, Oreo, and hubby on the boat.
Oreo would sit there with him. When I took this telephoto candid shot, our son had come up for a short few days from college, and she needed to get used to him again. But this photo is typical of how she would be in the middle of conversations, and our life in general. Looks like she is understanding what hubby is describing! And maybe doesn't agree..LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-12-2013 at 04:42 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (07-22-2012)