View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've understood from reading a lot of people's stories that I have the opposite problem from most, so I'm the one who's the exception. My boyfriend I think has a bit of a hero complex and hooked up with me officially about two months after my injury, so he was well aware of what he was getting.

The reason I try so hard to show improvement even on bad days is that I don't want him to get burned out or lose hope about our future. It feels like the reason I have trouble sex-wise now is because I'm so vulnerable and moody, and my self-control has gone way down.

That is not always a nice thing, I've always been disciplined about myself, or tried to be, but now it feels like I could through a lot of that out the window without a care. That's alarming.
Struck by tree limb on Halloween morning '11, three staples to the head and told there would "probably" not be a concussion. After sleeping 24 hours three days later, with dizziness and nausea, had cat scan ("clean") and diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome. Since then have been dealing with swings of symptoms from every day to every couple weeks. Fatigue, dizziness, headaches, a vague feeling of not being quite in tune with reality (in my own world), restlessness, anxiety, inability to focus. Desperately hoping to be improved/rehabilitated by next May when I hope to be married.
rosebower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote