View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, glory be. I have news for you all.

I walked into Radio Shack, walked up to a 20 year old, saying "I just bought this tablet and before I buy one from your store that will cost me an arm and a leg, I thought I'd cut my teeth on this $59.99 little gadget" "Can you help me and get me a wi fi signal so i can test this?"

He looked at me and said 'Do you know computers?"

I deadpanned and said:

"Over 35 years ago my employer chose me out of 200 employees and sent me to IBM computer school". And when I bought my first desktop 30 years ago, it was an IBM, and it cost $3700 and it had a 20 megabyte hard drive and a mono screen with a green cursor".

Well, the guy got so excited he shouted to the other 20 year old employee and said "This lady went to IBM computer school, SHE WENT TO IBM"

I burst out laughing. The guy took my table and said "Give me this thing, OMG, it's got old software, let me re-set it for you". He did his thing, he changed the date and time, he showed me how to do stuff, he got the wi fi signal, he GOT ME ON FACEBOOK, showing me how to sign in, etc. etc.

I shook their hands and blessed them, learned about all the OTHER TABLETS that Radio Shack sells, including a $199 4.0 version of Cruz Velocity that does everything.

So I'm going to practice on this one and if I ever get rich, I'll buy the better version.

BUT I'M ON THE INTERNET.

I came home, and practiced what I just learned.

I'm still learning.

Now to have FUN!!

lol

Thanks VERY much to all of you who helped me.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote