View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cinderellas on parade

Toadie & Paula,

I had forgotten that when I post something I may be surprised who responds (and I am out of practice writing for public consumption), but both of you, I know, understand what I mean when I talk about the difference between Disney and Grimm. You have taken the time and effort to come to grips with the Grimm-er side of life (and PD -- and cancer). Maybe not by choice, or seemingly not by choice. I can't think of two less-PollyAnnaish women. Your brighter sides come as a result of having gone through the night to get to the dawn.

I am not bitter and I don't dwell on the bloodied stepsisters' feet, but as I have championed over the last 12 years here: you risk your "soul" (for lack of a better word) if you ignore them. That's when you run the risk of becoming bitter.

What keeps me going through the nights onward to the dawns are compatriots such as you two. We are far less likely to make it through alone. So I find myself writing things that you help me understand. Not fixing the writing, but hoping its rough qualities have a power and sense of their own.

Thank you for surprising me.

Thank you for the privilege of your company. And your courage.
aj04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote