View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
Hi Libby are you in Sydney? What hospital are you having surgery at? Do you have any arm/ hand symptoms??
I am sorry for the delay in replying to you. Yes I am in Sydney. I had my surgery on 10th July at Dalcross at Killara. I consulted the anaesthetist and icu dr prior to surgry and did some drug trials and discovered that I could tolerate a very low dose of fentanyl. So between that and digesic every six hours I have been uncomfortable but able to cope. It is scary when you can't tolerate the main forms of pain relief. I have had immediate relief from the pins and needles, tingles and horrid nerve pain down both legs. They told me the herniation was very big so I was extremely lucky really that it didn't comromise my cord.
While my chest is sore frm the surgery, I realize now just how sick that rotten disc made me feel. My main problem was in my legs and I still have numbness in my left foot which will take some physio as well as time to regain. Not up to much, unbelievable tiredness and exhaustion but it hasn't been two weeks yet - things can only get better from here. Libby
ejwblibby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote