View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Exactly Catra!

IF there is a chance of the medical portion of WC going away, and we go to a system of insurance with no pre existing conditions being an issue, that would take care of a lot of the wastefulness.

Injured Workers are spoken of so frequently with disdain. Until someone goes through the experience themselves or a family member, they just don't understand.

A national WC system would also be a good idea IMO. Things vary so widely from state to state.

RSD is more complicated and unpredictable than many common work injuries. So, I think we're susceptible to the systems shortcomings in a way that many Injured Workers just aren't.

It's odd, but there seems to be a major shift in the culture where people have very little empathy for the disabled, or ill. Or maybe I'm just getting cynical as I get older?

End rant...
Hmmmm......I will speak as someone who did industrial medical examinations for almost two decades in my state. In an effort to battle "fraud" our WC laws changed a few years back to resemble more of a "nationally" based system. The treating physician was no longer given the dubious honor of being most correct about the status of an injured worker, rather it was handed over to the State.

While all WC laws are State-regulated right now, I can clearly tell you without equivocation that the injured worker is far worse in my state now since the "change" and only the injured worker was adversly affected. The system is cheaper to run now and the premiums are less for the employers, but care is now rationed, reduced, antiquated and takes forever to authorize since control of care is over-regulated and not driven by the treating doc. You get what you pay for...
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote