View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Hmmmm......I will speak as someone who did industrial medical examinations for almost two decades in my state. In an effort to battle "fraud" our WC laws changed a few years back to resemble more of a "nationally" based system. The treating physician was no longer given the dubious honor of being most correct about the status of an injured worker, rather it was handed over to the State.

While all WC laws are State-regulated right now, I can clearly tell you without equivocation that the injured worker is far worse in my state now since the "change" and only the injured worker was adversly affected. The system is cheaper to run now and the premiums are less for the employers, but care is now rationed, reduced, antiquated and takes forever to authorize since control of care is over-regulated and not driven by the treating doc. You get what you pay for...
The reform a couple of years ago did only benefit the corporations. but here is the kick of it all. I have been paying into this system since I was 9. yep illegal but Ive been a tax paying citizen for that long. I never complained about it as it only gave me moore to add into ssi. but this is too much . It isn't taken into account my desire to work and feel like a contributing part of the world. only that the bottom line is satisfied. so if comp doesn't exist to make sure injured workers are cared for, or to make sure proper care is given to aid in the return to work.. whats the point.??? what is the point of it all? just to make sure others keep making money off my misfortune?? I am dis illusioned and loosing faith in it all.
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote