View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy desparately seeking MD to manage RSD..south east michigan

I am desparate...seeking a new MD than known anything about RSD and that can manage and get me on the right track. And the next question is just whay type that may be. I had wrist surgery in April of 2011 (after an injury in Feb. 2011). After developing RSD the hand surgeon didn't want to acknowledge it and mumbled a few things..I didn't think anything of it. After a routine visit to occ. health (this is a work injury) I was asked "what are they doing for your RSD" I was stunned and told to go home and do research and we would talk later. The original hand surgeon is out of the picture..long story and I was told by disability mgr and case manager to find a new physician. I was given at least 2 dozen names...hand surgeons, neorologist, pain management PMR and told to find someone. Further surgery was mentioned, but don't want to go there now. I have had consults with a couple pain management MDs....who wanted to do immediate stellate ganglion blocks, and I had driven myself. I was told not a problem I could drive home soon after, needless to say I didn't have one done. Finally saw another MD who at least explained things and gave options, had block done and flared further...not the result I expected. His answer was an immediate rhizotomy and given a web site to view and let his staff know if i wanted it..and no further appt until I agreed to procedure. There has to be someone out there I just haven't found yet. I am in southeastern Michigan..just north of the Detroit area. Anyone with any suggestions???
anne523 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote