View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark,

I would have to strongly disagree with you about the Vegan diet. Since becoming a vegan, my body has healed dramatically faster than before.

Last night I decided to go out and do some controlled alcohol drinking, had about 4 beers, no headaches. I figured today I might wake up with worse headaches.... Nope.

In fact, I have only taken 1 Tylenol today, opposed to more that I needed yesterday. The headaches are going away, without additional "Omega 3, 6, and 9 are important plus BCAA".

Last night my brain received heavy stimulation, excitement, laughter, and I'm feeling much better today!

Just goes to show, playing by the rule book is not always the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
etters,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

There is no way to predict how soon you will recover. As Mist and others have said, your brain needs rest. I call it quiet rest. That means limiting stimulation such as work at your computer, etc.

A vegan lifestyle may leave you needing to find the supplements your diet may be lacking. Omega 3, 6, and 9 are important plus BCAA (Broken Chain Amino Acids). There are other nutritional issues many consider with PCS but those I mentioned are likely the most important.

A neurologist will not be much help unless you start having signs of a bleed. Hopefully, you father has warned you of the signs and symptoms of serious neurological problems.

Head aches may take a long time to subside or they may subside quickly. Again, there is no way to know which.

Remember two things:
Once concussed, always concussed, meaning your brain will have a lesser tolerance to trauma and stress.
Also, If you have seen one brain injury, you have seen ONE brain injury.

So, try to get quiet rest. No caffeine or alcohol.

Hope you get some head ache relief.

My best to you.
etters17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote