View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've dealt with severe SI joint instability for six years. Mine was because of a work related injury. I knew something was wrong because I could not place any weight on my left leg. That night I went to see my Dr. who took me off work for one week and gave me pain pills. The next day my daughter called my name ( I twisted ) her direction and down I went. My whole back gave out. I spent the next three day in the ER with clean MRI'S, XRAYS, etc. They just said "we don't know what is wrong with you."

Because of the " I don't know " the Workers comp company denied my claim and my doctors were denied any treatment. So, we were foreced to sell our house ( before we lost it ) and move.

After we had moved I started my own rehab program at the gym. Something was really wrong! It kinda fealt like a wrench was turned sideways in my pelvis and I could not stand without a weight belt around my hips.

Anyhow, because of money issues I was forced into finding another job. With the help of body bracing ( anything that kept my pelvis from moving ) I worked for about six months. Then It gave out again.

We never understood waht was going on because every one said ( pt's,chiro's) it was my lower disc. And the spine doctor would always say it was not. So, I was left with no answers at all.

Then one day somebody told me about this PT that helps people at the hospital. When he first saw my pelvis he said " your sacrum is twisted "

After all this time I've been working with him for three years and I am better..but, not good enough for our needs. I still can't sit for over twenty minutes, etc. With the help of a personal trainer I was able to get my muscles back working again. But,,,,nothing is keeping my si from moving around. I've had several injections that have helped for short periods of time.

Two neurosurgeons have said I have "sacroiliitis" over these last three years. But.. the treatment is always the same. Injections just don't help instability.

I started working with another doctor that deals with lumbosacral issues. And after doing several test he wanted me to have a CT guided injection deep inside both si joints. This test not only helped it showed my whole issue!
According to the CT scan I have severe scoliosis and bone spurring in both joint. The DR the did the CT scan and injection said he knows of a doctor at UCLA that can help me? He said I have severe SI joint instability causing the scoliosis.

Sorry for the rant and any spelling issues.

I really don't know what way to turn? I want my life back
Bella the shih tzu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote