View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Paralyzed eyebrow/forehead post concussion?!?

I suffered a pretty nasty fall on 6/29 in my home. I lost my footing and hit the RT side of my forehead on our tile floor. I am not sure if I lost consciousness as I was home alone at the time, but I was definitely disoriented and my memory of that night is vague at best. My husband did take me to the ER when he got home as I was still confused/not myself. My CT scan was clear. I had a nasty black eye from the fall that is finally almost gone. As the brusing and swelling subsided, I realized that my RT eyebrow and forehead (where I hit my head) is completely paralyzed. My eyebrow has subsequently dropped a bit and my eyelid is drooping. I assume this is from the accident?!? Could it be permanent? I am able to raise my LT eyebrow/forehead with no issues. I am really freaked out about this. And depressed. I am also having consistent mild to moderate headaches and don't feel myself - very "fuzzy". I know these symptoms are farily normal with PCS, but I can't find any information about the effect it's having on my RT eyebrow/forehead. The area where I hit my head is still a bit tender to the touch, but there doesn't seem to be any residual swelling.

I have an appointment with a Neuro on 8/15, but am trying to get into another office sooner. ANOTHER isssue is that I am scheduled to have surgery on 8/30 and am worried about going under anesthesia so soon after the concussion. Should I reschedule? Is there an acceptable timeframe for having surgery after a concussion?

Thanks so much!
mmc1294 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote