View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had something very similar happen to me a couple weeks ago. My accident was back in December, but I still think it's related b/c in my case, I believe nerve damage is the biggest factor. I lost control of the entire left side of my face a couple weeks ago, which came along with a stabbing pain in my neck, deep behind my left ear. The ER docs called it Bells' Palsy, gave me steroids and sent me home. I had to do 2 rounds of the steroids, and now that I am running out of my second run the stabbing pain is coming back.

But to your question, what I learned from all of this is that all the functions of the left side of the face come from the seventh nerve; my guess is that the RT side of the face comes from the 6th or 8th nerve. Whatever the number, there is a single nerve that comes out from the back of the skull area and feeds signal to all the muscles on one side of your face. If you are having trouble moving things on one side of the face, it is a good bet it involves that nerve.

It could be something else I suppose; maybe locally the nerves around the eyebrow got damaged, pinched or are just under swollen tissue. I would carefully check the function of the rest of the RT side of your face; can you pucker up, smile, frown, squint, or spit properly? Keep track of this, if the paralysis spreads then the condition is worsening.

In any case, you should report this symptom right away, and get checked out. I've not heard of this kind of thing coming from a concussion, but I'm sure it's possible. But it is more likely caused by a nerve issue, and I'm guessing it's from inflammation around the nerve/nerves. IF your troubles are nerve related, getting treatment sooner than later is important; the longer the condition is allowed to continue, the more likely that damage or dysfunction will be long term or permanent.

Good luck and keep us up to date,

Scott
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote