View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Wife & I - Similar Symptoms Within Weeks

Hi Folks, I'm 56. 4 months ago, my wife, also 56, noticed a fasciculation in her thumb which has progressed to more generalized twitches with some calf cramping and leg pains, mostly after exercise. No weakness. About 6 weeks after her symptoms started, I began to have fasciculations, mostly right calf, at first, then also more generalized I also have cramping, mostly in feet and R calf, and my feet also hurt upon standing and walking; "rocks in shoes". My hamstrings also hurt a lot after exercise; a "Charlie horse" that seems too soon for that to typically occur. My wife has also had that symptom. Neither of us have any objective weakness, and neurology exams and EMG/NCVs on both of us were negative. My Lyme ELISA was equivocal; further Lyme titers pending. (We had travelled in South America, including a rain forest, one year ago).

Any thoughts on the above, and the possibility of a viral explanation for our symptoms occurring within weeks of each other? I've read about possible viral causes of neuropathies and of Benign Fasciculation Cramp Syndrome. Thanks.
biofed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote