View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
I hear ya, brother. It's a racket. I was stuck in the middle for decades as a provider watching people being denied or delayed care right and left, helpless while knowing that there was something I could do to help but would not be authorized or allowed to treat in the way that I had learned and thought would work. For both SSI and WC, the problem lies in that there are closer to an infinite number of cases, diagnoses, etc. to be dealt with by a finite amount of money that is first shaved down by the "administrators and their henchmen."

Therefore, SSI, WC or any other controlled system that is throttled back can only work with rationing, delays and denials. I don't know what the answer is but it can never work when there is a centralized body that is neither the patient nor provider making the clinical decisions.
the problem is that they don't really know the patient. and think that all patients are trying to cheat the system. what they need to do is see the dr,s notation. and if more than one dr is saying the same thing(including theirs) they should back off. and these separations between states. carriers such as comp and no fault that are governed should run by the same guide lines through the entire U.S. making it easier to get treatment. .Im pretty sure if this keeps up we will be saying ..I pledge allegiance to corporate america...
well I pray that an answer opens up for us all. be well and godspeed
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote