View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry Jeff but it did not help either illness. It may be a coinsidence, but things seem to go downhill after the thymectomy. At least I started having more of the SPS symptoms afterwards. I also didn't have an IVIG or phasmaphresis performed prior to the surgery which is something I have read that others had prior to surgery. The hospital I went to is suppose to be the best place to be for serious illnesses (or at least that's what I thought) but I have learned that it is anything but the best. It's simply a teaching hospital.

I had my appointment this morning with my new neuro and have learned that while he is actually a doctor, my ex-neuro is a professor and his idea of treatment is diagnosis and send you packing. Looking back on the whole experience, I understand that viewpoint completely.

I'm also starting to believe, as my neuro does, that I only have SPS and not MG. My MG symptoms are mainly ocular problems (which I'm taking the prednisone) and some swallowing problems. These symptoms can also be associated with SPS which my husband found in his extensive internet research.

As you can tell, once I get started talking about these illnesses I can't stop especially with someone who understand what we're going through.

Becky
Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote