View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredsilly View Post
I hope everyone is doing better! I havent been on this forum in a few months but most of you know me as the young woman who has all circulatory issues. I have been desperately trying to see Dr. Brantigan in Colorado. I live in NY and from what I have researched there aren't any reputatble doctors here that are as good as Dr. Brantigan. Luckily, Dr. Brantigan has been emailing me and giving me the best advice he can over the internet. I am sure I have ATOS OR VTOS. What I am unsure about is how are you patients who have seen doctors out of your network able to see them? I have switched health insurances to one that is way more expensive only to find out that I do not have any "out of network!" What am I to do now? Go under the knife of a surgeon that has more unsuccessful outcomes than successful?

What do you New Yorkers do when you have TOS and no doctor to see? Are there any doctors in NY that anyone seriously recommends? BTW a huge pro to seeing Dr. B is he does the diagnosis under a regular physical exam. Since I am so young and have had several CT scans with radiation, my doctor forbids me to get any more radiation. I need a doctor who can diagnose TOS with either a physical exam, MRI, or ultrasound. My symptoms are mainly positional such as, engorged hand veins, pulsing neck and right sided head aches. I recently have a strange black and blue mark on my arm and for those of you who know me on this forum I am a worrier! I am convinced the black and blue is a blood clot! It can easily be a bruise but I cant remember where I got it from...

My health insurance is not picking up any doctors outside of NY. WHat do I do?? Am I in immediate danger? I am afraid I will have a stroke but Dr. Brantigan says it is extremely unlikely and rare. Can I save money and see him next summer or is that chancing it? Does it take a lot time for a clot to form???

I cant sleep my nerves are getting the best of me. If I had a clot wouldnt my arm be swollen? According to Dr. Brantigan, the signs are usually very obvious when there is a clot and they are constant symptoms. They dont go away. My right eye gets swollen also, and I wonder if my circulation is getting cut off will it effect my eye?

I know this may sound ridiculous but its scary because my main symptoms on in my temple and neck... I do not have nerve symptoms..can anypone ease my mind? Im convinced I am going to die, have a stroke, or blood clot. PLease Help!
I just replied to you on my thread. If it were me, and I HAD to pick a dr in NY, I would go with Dr. Darren Schneider at Weill-Cornell/NY Presbyterian. He is experienced, but not in comparison to Brantigan. Unfortunately, not many doctors have as much experience as the few who are scattered across the country. You can check my thread to read about my experience with him. But it wouldn't hurt to go see him yourself. I would not go with any of the NYU drs.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (07-24-2012)