View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I have a history of addiction in my family and Refused strong pain meds for years. Finally, when I was at a low point, my doc gave me a new script without warning of what he was giving me. I filled it and my misery was for the most part, removed. Was it a miracle cure? No. But, it allowed enough reduction for blocks of time that I no longer felt as if I was being tortured 24/7. It was a changing point in starting to heal my relationship with my then teenage son. Not getting adequate sleep is another major issue.

There are meds available that may help. There are others that will make you feel like a zombie. Until you work with a doc (it can take years to try all the combos at various dosages) to get relief, you just can't know what will work for you.

Has WC sent you for a psych eval with a pain psychologist yet? That was another big help for me...

I have an amazing relationship with my son today. It took him years to trust me again though. He can depend on me for emotional support once again. Growing up with a parent that cries constantly, and is withdrawn emotionally due to pain, is not an easy thing.

There are so many small ways you can improve your life, but accepting your new limitations is something that you must confront. Again, having someone to work through this issues with, is really helpful.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (07-24-2012), MommadukesCRPS (07-24-2012)