View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Return to the subject:reporting in

My husband(PWP) who has been diagnosed just over two years, has been taking the appropriate cough medicine for about a month.I am sure I am not imagining it but he seems to be tremoring less often and is walking better although his gait was never that bad.He thinks this is true also .But to him the main advantage has been much better sleep:no more waking at 3am and then being drowsy in the day. The only prescibed medicine he is on is Requip (4mg,4mg 4mg,1mg)Unfortunately, there are too many variable to say it is definately only the DM as he also takes cucumin,cod liver oil. an antioxidant pill and ALC/ALA.The last having been added since starting the cough medicine.
Combination could interact.He takes his blood pressure very reqularly.The reason I have written this follow up is that as he is not on Sinemet it cannot be an interaction with that.Incidently,last time we saw the neurologist he said he thought it would not benifit him or improve his tremor if he upped his Requip so if it works in the same way.....?
EnglishCountryDancer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote