View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is critical to find professionals and assemble a TEAM of them to help you. CRPS absolutely responds best to a multi-disciplinary approach.

I have CRPS in my foot. I use my podiatrist as my primary doctor for CRPS. Along with him, I use a chiropractor, physical therapist, pain management doctor and massage therapist.

And I would recommend you check out this link which has some excellent complementary techniques that may help you. Click on the link and scroll down to "healing practices A-Z".

http://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/

This condition is so very unique. What works for one may or may NOT work for another.

Things can get better. I remember the day I came down with CRPS. September 11, 2008. It took me one year and a half a dozen doctors to diagnose it (not good as I was in a boot which made the CRPS spread), one year to figure out how best to treat it, one year to get it to settle down and I am now in my 4th year and it is better than it ever has been, although still a pain in the ***! (or foot for me). I'm off of percocet, but have a cocktail of other medications that control it. Gabapentin (generic for Neurontin), amitriptyline, trazodone for sleep, naproxen sodium for inflammation, ultram for breakthrough pain.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote