View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What Anti Depressant Are You Taking?

Last week at the rehab clinic I was prescribed Cipralex (Lexapro, Escitalopram) and am finding its kicking my butt.

Before taking it, I was already very tired and now I'm so tired I'm finding it difficult to do the bare minimum around here and keep everyone fed. (Something I've been doing since I got my brain injury!)

Its like a major step backwards for me. I sleep at least 10 hours a night, then I NEED to sleep another 4 hours during the day, minimum. And I'm talking out cold sleeping.

Before I started the drugs, when I would wake up in the morning or after a nap, I would have some energy to do a few things and that was great. Now, when I wake up, I can barely drag myself out of bed and then sit in my chair downstairs.

I don't even have to be doing anything, I can spend much time just staring at one spot... its ridiculous.

Its not even been a full week yet, but I think I'm giving up on it... I was ok to drive before... now, I'm so tired, I feel its iffy!

So frustrated... even though I barely have the energy to be frustrated.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Is there a better drug for me to try?

Right now, I feel I was better off before they starting "helping" me!!

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote