View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Welcome, Andy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Andy View Post
I am so glad I found this forum (thanks, Google Search!).
Saturday (7/29) I start on my road with the SCS Trial.
Can't tell y'all how uneasy I am about this road. I could bore you with the details of my past 36 years dealing with chronic pain but, alas, my focus now is this procedure. I believe I have one of the better pain docs (she mentored under one of the nation's foremost leaders in SCS up in the Cleveland Clinic). However, I am also 100% sure she is doing a major 'downplay' of this whole thing. I read about the recovery from so many folks and I have to admit I'm dreading this part of it. If trial works then comes implant and I'm reading how hard this is. She tried to paint a, "Bounce right back!" kind of picture and I'm not quite buying it. How soon will I be able to drive? Will I ever be able to sleep on my back again? Will I ever be able to sleep again?? (LOL).

At this point I don't know if she's going with a Medtronic or the one that entitles this thread. I've read that Medtronic's new IPC is pretty top-of-the-line. I just want something that works but also gives me the least difficulty in adjusting to life as a cyborg!

Love the testimonies out here...nothing like believers helping to hold each other up (Gal 6:2).

I'll be in touch.
Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum! So glad you found us. I'm just a few days ahead of you in this process--had the trial leads put in yesterday (Boston Scientific). Today I'm kind of sore from the actual procedure, but the SCS itself is pretty amazing! I'm able to stand for longer than 10 minutes at a time without pain searing down my left leg....all I feel is a nice, mild buzzing sensation from my waist down. I hope and pray that you will find relief as well! Keep us posted, okay?

Sending welcome hugs,
Jan
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" Isaiah 40:29
JavaJan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-28-2015), Mark56 (07-26-2012), Rrae (08-01-2012)