Thread: Doctor issue.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm sorry you had this experience.

Unfortunately you will encounter those types of medical personnel. I suggest you see your doc, explain to him what happened and tell him how you felt about the encounter. You have a diagnosis, your doc diagnosed you and apparently his assistant did not agree with him. I would think he would also be interested in learning his PA had insulted his patient. You have done nothing wrong and do not let anyone make you feel like you did.
Don't let this person get you down. You know the pain you feel and so does your doc.

Medical people who do not know or understand what RSD is should be educated. Alot of the time it is the patient that educates.
When you see your doc I hope he understands and helps you feel better.

Take care,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDcandice View Post
So i have been seeing the same pain doctor for a few months. He is the one who worked with my neurologist or orthopedic to Diagnose me. So he has been great the whole time, seen him 5-6 times. Always was helpful and tried to find me relief.
So i go to the doctor yesturday, and they had scheduled me to see the PA. I asked to see my actual Dr and he was out. So i went ahead and saw the PA. It was the worse experiance. He said that all my symptoms were Psychosomatic..and that he disagreed that i had rsd, that i was too young and healthy ? Then he went on to ask a bunch of personal questions about how i live without working or having insurance.. He also said i should be working because my symptoms dont appear bad. I left the office very upset. It was awful.
I am unsure of what i should do now. try and talk to my original doctor, switch doctors? am i just overreacting?
RSDcandice (07-25-2012)