View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New memeber/ New concerns

I am new to this forum but I used to belong to an MS forum a very long time ago when I was first told I had Multiple Sclerosis. I spent a year without mobility and was able to work my way back to a place where I can do most things I want to do. I try to ignore for the most part the symptoms I deal with each day and although I know that may not be the best way to deal with things it allows me to participate in life because I feel focusing on the symptoms can overwhelm me too much. I do treat my spasticity because that is not an area that I can deal with on my own and it affects everyone in my home. I am so used to the symptoms that I live with that I have learned to sort of navigate them and try to forget them. I guess it is like compartmentalizing them just like we do with life. I am very busy I am currently in 2 universities (online) finishing up my BA in Special Education, and working to further my ministers credentials. I teach during the school year, Pastor a small church on the same reservation I teach at and have 4 children at home. All of this is why I have neglected forums...No Time!

Anyway new symptoms have caused me some concern this past year and I was wondering if anyone had any incite on them so I am once again seeking help from those who have walked through it before. I have found that this has been the most helpful resource for me in dealing with MS.

Does anyone have difficulty with their heart? I have extreme spasticity throughout my spine, legs, neck, arms, face, stomach, and trachea. I do not know if this is the cause of my recent rapid heart rate or not. I have been to a cardiologist and he is concerned but says my heart is in great condition. When I asked him about spasticity he said, "That is a good question" but he did not seem to have an answer to how this could affect the heart muscle. Does anyone have any idea how spasticity can affect your heart?

I also have severe anemia and cannot seem to absorb the iron no matter how hard I try so this complicates things further.

Thank you in advance for your help and understanding.
Yachmene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-26-2012), Debbie D (07-26-2012), Dejibo (07-25-2012), ginnie (07-26-2012), Judy2 (07-27-2012), KittyLady (07-26-2012), NurseNancy (07-26-2012), SallyC (07-25-2012), Shadiyah (07-26-2012)