View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Starr,
What steps have you taken to accept you current limitations?
Mark, thanks for your reply! I'm not trying to be difficult, but I don't really know what that question means? (Maybe that's the problem, I don't know if I believe I have any limitations.)

I'm not sure if these are the answers to that question or not:
-- I make time to nap almost daily

-- I understand it takes me longer to do things and I get less done in a day than I used to, but I don't like that.

-- Since paying cash causes me many problems with figuring out change etc, I now only use debit and credit cards to reduce my stress.

-- I try to avoid situations that increase my symptoms or that I know will induce my anger.

I see this injury as a temporary situation, I remember what it was like to be me in the past and I expect to get back there or close to there. Maybe this is the unreasonable part of my thinking?

All I know is I didn't take my pill last night before bed and today I feel better than I have in a week. I still had to nap, but I didn't feel so tired that even breathing was too much work!

If that's the best they can offer (and maybe its not? I've only been once to the rehab clinic) then I'll just muddle along on my own.

I already feel I've given up so much and I can't do much about it, I'm not willing to give up more for a pill that may or may not eventually improve my life. I have things to do... I want to move forward from this.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote