View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my results consult with my Vascular Surgeon yesterday. Found out that I don't have an extra rib alhough he did think I did when feeling that area. It's my 1st rib casuing some problems and yes he will do surgery. He wants me to see a neurologist and have nerve conduction tests first so he knows if there is anything there that he needs to be aware of. He mentioned focusing the nerve tests on my head, neck and chest/shoulder area.

We discussed my reasons for surgery
1) To try and prevent compression of the subclavian vein and more clotting
2) Prevent further damage to structures
3) Give me a better chance of a better quality of life

I know removal of the 1st rib is not a cure but it hopefully will be a good outcome and less pain and enable me to function better and do things even if their small things.

The wait to see the neuro was going to take 3 months but after speaking to the neuro's receptionist and saying 3 months was a long time when my vascular surgeon needs the consult to go ahead with surgery. The neuro phoned me back and said she would see me on Monday which is a huge relief. At this stage September/October is when I am likely to have surgery providing there are no hold ups with the nerve tests etc....

I am anxious to have the surgery done but I guess my Vascular surgeon dotting and crossing everything off his list so he has all the information available to him when he does to the surgery.

I will update after my neuro consult. It's good to know she does see a lot of patients with migraines. I suffer them pretty bad and they are related to my TOS symptoms. She may be able to shed some light on them too and why I get them.