View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Yachmere

I am pleased to meet you, although the circumstances are not great.

I was diagnosed RRMS in 2001, and two years ago, I had some freaky heart symptoms too. I had a racing/irregular heartbeat, chest and neck pain and really thought I may have been experiencing a heart attack. I felt like there was a 'blockage' in my throat that I had to 'swallow over' - it hurt to breathe and I couldn't take a full breath, my heart was going beserk, I couldn't lay down and generally felt like cr@p. It lasted all evening, night and much of the following day.

Of course I didn't call an ambulance (scared of the old hypochondriac label on the off chance it got better before they arrived), and soldiered on until the next day - I went to a GP (PCP) and she referrred me to a cardiologist who (eight weeks later) found nothing wrong.

My neuro told me that in the absence of another explanation, it probably was my MS affecting my autonomic nervous system. Happy days!!!

Anyhow, in my experience, MS can affect the performance of your heart. Have you ever had the MS hug? That seems to be what was attributed to my experience.

Regards, and hope you feel better soon

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-26-2012), KittyLady (07-26-2012), SallyC (07-26-2012)