View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT-wish you weren't part of the exclusive "club", however glad you're here...
I've been experiencing heart palpitations, erratic BP, and chest weirdness as well as a feeling like I'm going to pass out. I ended up in the heart hospital 2 times in the past 10 months. Once my pulse dropped to the low 40s-couldnt stay awake, which was a major problem even during dinner...I'd fall asleep and wake up with my hand in my plate
Anyhow, I was put on a 30 day heart moniitor and taken off of zanaflex to see if that was affecting my heart rate/BP. Lo and behold my heart symptoms eased up, everything checks out clean, and my neuro gave me clonazipam for spasms, which I am loathe to take.
My neuro suggested Botox injections sometime down the road if meds don't help the spasms. Knock on wood the spasticity hasn't been so bad the last few months...
Seems that many of us with MS have other issues that complicate things and bewilder our docs. All I can suggest is keep notes concerning your symptoms, write questions down for your doc, and be an informed patient...
Keep us up to date on what's going on-we all learn from one another...

Last edited by Debbie D; 07-26-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Debbie D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (07-26-2012), SallyC (07-26-2012)