View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I can't list all the bad advice, hysterical laughing and crying situations I've experienced during this journey, because my friend and I are writing a book and we have many chapters to fill. I think we've surpassed a novel and now sit at biblical volume!

For laughter sake, I will share the one I experienced today. It will fall under the "Here is your sign to Run" chapter. Seeing how my savior of a PT is out of town for about 8 weeks, I was referred to another PT in her absence. How I got referred to this PT is another chapter in the book entitled "Don't ever see a husband and wife healthcare team as you are S-O-L if they have a nasty divorce."

I've had about 6 visits with this PT and her partner, but was planning to dump both of them after this visit today. Gut instinct speaks volumes! When I wander in today, useless PT #2 says she has no definitive diagnosis on me. I tell her, "I made my initial appointment/consultation with a Thoracic Outlet diagnosis and not much has changed in the last couple of weeks." She says, "Hold on a minute and let me Google what that is." After I hear computer keys clicking and I sit smirking with foul, foul language floating in my head, she reports back to me that all she "has to relax my scalenes and get my first rib down." This woman states and looks like she has been in the PT profession for 30+ years. You know you've reached rock bottom when they're Googling your ailment in front of you. RUN!!!
Anne4tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote