View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

VERY much so...stress or emotional upsets are one of my worst triggers too! Pain gets crazy bad! Knee gets purple (initial trauma in 07 shattered left patella, cartilage damage right patella), gets icy cold, pain increases sharply! The Dr was talking to me today about autonomic dysfunction and these nasty flare-ups can cause us to get all whacky!! He is going to go ahead and send me for a thermal scan because even though I have the SCS it is now affecting the right leg and used to only be the left. Does anyone take vasodilators for their skin circulation problems or have you tried anything like HBOT? Pain doc keeps saying we should just do ketamine infusions and see what happens but I think maybe he should tackle the blood flow problems too though??? I spend ALOT of time in the tub too but in the summer and it's soo hot when the rest of you withers lol! RSD is never happy Courtney and all do you also find that if you use the affected area/part MORE (or cause more pain) that the RSD area becomes more cold, discolored etc too? It can be a fine line with using the affected RSD area too with enough versus too much in my case. what do you guys think? Also barometric weather changes REALLY set it off as well! Best of luck to you guys too!
Heather Rae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote